As the utility truck pulls away, the worker at the top of the arm rotates the arm down and 180° toward the front of the truck. If the acceleration is too great, he may fall off the truck.
What is known:
- All values are given at the instant the arm is perpendicular to the path of the truck.
- The truck is traveling in a straight line at a constant rate of 35 ft/s.
- The arm is 40 ft long, and is 30° up from horizontal.
- The arm is rotating about a vertical axis toward the front of the truck at a rate of 0.2 rad/s, increasing at 0.8 rad/s2.
- The arm is rotating about a horizontal axis parallel to the path of the truck at a constant rate of 0.1 rad/s.